11.10.2011

Character Animation

I think I spent too much time on the set, instead of the animation. After I finished setting up the set and lighting, I only have few hours for the animation and editing. For this project, I chose a toy figure (Leogolas) for my stop motion character; I created an environment and a story that related to his custom. I used cardboard and papers to build the landscape. After that, I took a video reference base on the character's (hunting day). During the animating progress, making the animation look smooth and character to stand still were the most difficult tasks. I learned that the animation would look smoother when I add more poses between the key poses. However, I did not have enough poses between the keys in my animation. The character could not stand still, and the joints were difficult to bend. I always lost the marks from the character steps, which made me really angry because I had to star over again.

1 comment:

  1. Great job - nice scene, nice weight in the walks, and good "story."
    20 points.

    ReplyDelete